Lightning Lab Subwoofer

Music at Ear-Splitting Levels, Intense SPL BASS!!!

Re: Lightning Lab Subwoofer

Postby LimitBreak on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:40 pm

sly_da3m0n wrote:san pong shop nagbebenta ng LL sa manila?

meron sa araneta car accessories along araneta ave lang. look for jeff tan.
LimitBreak
Lurkin

Postby gab3r7 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:23 pm

@ sly_da3m0n

sir sa raon po, db audio light trading globe electronics bldg. stall no.36
gab3r7
Noob Fo Shoob

Postby kyrtz on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 pm

I got to audition lightning lab products just a while ago sa raon. I got to say, i was really impressed with the subwoofers! They pound for sure! Build quality looks ok and the subwoofers are worthy of giving the benefit of the doubt.. Basket looks sturdy, magnets were huge but im guessing barium ferrite, coils look neat, pigtail looks like it could last and the spiders of the flagship model (3xl yata) were stiff as hell.. im particularly interested dun sa 8" model! It looks promising! Hindi ko nga lang narinig since walang nakainstall..

Was also impressed with the 800 watt mono.. Although build quality looks cheap, it was powering 5 subs all at the same time and they are all pounding.. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, 1pc-15" 1xl, 1pc-15" 2xl, 1pc-12" entry level, 2pcs-12" generic.. Hindi ko sure kung anung final load nun pero it wasnt even getting hot! It was only powered by a 40amp power supply.. Nagreklamo na nga yung kabilang shop..

I dont want to talk about the raw drivers.. Doesnt suit my taste.. Hindi ko type plain and simple..

Just my 2 cents sa lightning lab.. HTH
kyrtz
Spelunker

Postby badong on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Malakas, pwede! Sa gapang, basta tama ang box and busog sa power, can be! Sa metro, hhmmm ewan ko. Di pa ko nakakita na dumaan sa metro. Ang tanong lang naman eh kung tatagal. Mura kase bago pero in time kung ma prove niya na tatagal siya, you can probably kiss the low price goodbye. So ang totoong tanong, tatagal ba?

If you have the bucks to spare, you can probably try. But if you're the type of Juan who wants to stick with the conventional brands, wont blame you. Just my 2 cents.
badong
Noner

Postby SunStreaker on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Interesting reviews any pics ng 8" ano kaya rating nun?
Presyo, no question abot kaya siya for budget hobbist. Which is good kasi not everyone has that much budget to blow on branded gears.

Branded gears naman are justified kasi its tested, quality is consistent, durability is proven and R&D is where your money goes to.
My RE sub is with me for 4 years and never failed me and i never had issues with any of my gears... not one bit.
So for the price i paid for it may ROI na ako so to speak.
Its nice to have budget gears produce more than what is expected from them para car audio can reach to a lot of people and a bigger audience.
Lalo na those people who tries to save up some of his allowance or pay just to live out his passion. Maybe 5 years ago i'd give these a shot.

Problem lang is certain facts may get misrepresented or exaggerated by some people and this may leave a bad taste to those who had faith in what they heard or read. Thats why after an audition, getting to know the back ground of the company or the gears your interested in is a big factor. Parang pag sinabi Rockford or Focal, name it self is an assurance of quality all you need to know is kung orig ba yun pag kukunan mo.

Actually im quite impressed with V12 amps ( though i never used one) it out lived Sony XPlod even with its big name and big time marketing.
Tapos these are the amp of choice as a stepping stone for most Car Audio fans.
On the other side any one remembers XmaX Subs?

my .02 :ymbilly:
SunStreaker
Spelunker

Postby arpa_tech on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:43 pm

x2 ako kay sunstreaker
arpa_tech
Lurkin

Postby arpa_tech on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Sino kaya manufacturer ng mga sub ng lightning lab? does any one have an idea?
arpa_tech
Lurkin

Postby Herbi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 pm

sly_da3m0n wrote:san pong shop nagbebenta ng LL sa manila?

sa Araneta Car Accessories sir try niyo :-D
Herbi
Noner

Postby arpa_tech on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Tama si Herbi kay Jefftan, siya ata pinakamurang magbenta ng mga lightning lab gears nowadays
arpa_tech
Lurkin

Postby nikokski on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 am

just tried their 10 inch model subwoofer

First nilagay ko siya sa sealed box na 1 cubic.. i found the sub medyo mahina kasi i tried na ibang subwoofer sa sealed but i only power it with dc 120.4 bridge. The sub is 300w rms dual 2. Muka nga siyang copy ng 512 na model ng dd.

But then nung nilagay ko siya dun sa box nung dati kong 3510. Oh my i didn't expect nag ganito siya mag peperform. With 400rms power galing sa mono rin na lightning lab. I can go lows hahaha.

For me hindi siya kaparehas tumunog katulad nung 510 ko dati. 510 is more punchy sa loob ng oto.

I've tried this product out of curiosity the amp and subwoofer. Nag short kasi yung re vlx 3de kaya ako napapunta dito haha. With a small budget para lang
magkaroon ng bass sa loob ng kotse hehe.
I wonder pano kaya tumunog yung ll 3xl nila na 1500 rms.

Once na nagawa na yung amplifier na akay boss pete ill try yung 1500rms nila na subwoofer para magkaroon rin ako ng review.
Hopefully sana kayanin ng subwoofer ang 3000rms.

Na try ko na rin yung 4 channel nila which is i can say worth the penny naman.
And may naka install rin pala na raw driver sakin rin na llr8. ngayon ko lang na isip hahaha.

So for those people na nag hahanap ng budget wise na setup i would recommend this gears.
Pero andyan rin naman sila JBL and Targa. Bagong pwedeng idagdag sa listahan.

And para dun naman sa mga laitero ng ganitong klaseng product na ang alam lang ay kung ano ang mahal baka pag narinig niyo yung buong set up ng isang oto na puro ganito lang ang gamet baka magulat kayo hahaha. presyo ng isang pirasong amp niyo eh presyo na ng buong set up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nikokski
Lurkin

Postby arpa_tech on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:10 am

Sir nikokski dami maghihintay sa input niyo kapag na try niyo na yung 1500rms ng Lightning Lab. Isa nako dun
arpa_tech
Lurkin

Postby nikokski on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 pm

SunStreaker wrote:Interesting reviews any pics ng 8" ano kaya rating nun?
Presyo, no question abot kaya siya for budget hobbist. Which is good kasi not everyone has that much budget to blow on branded gears.

Branded gears naman are justified kasi its tested, quality is consistent, durability is proven and R&D is where your money goes to.
My RE sub is with me for 4 years and never failed me and i never had issues with any of my gears... not one bit.
So for the price i paid for it may ROI na ako so to speak.
Its nice to have budget gears produce more than what is expected from them para car audio can reach to a lot of people and a bigger audience.
Lalo na those people who tries to save up some of his allowance or pay just to live out his passion. Maybe 5 years ago i'd give these a shot.

Problem lang is certain facts may get misrepresented or exaggerated by some people and this may leave a bad taste to those who had faith in what they heard or read. Thats why after an audition, getting to know the back ground of the company or the gears your interested in is a big factor. Parang pag sinabi Rockford or Focal, name it self is an assurance of quality all you need to know is kung orig ba yun pag kukunan mo.

Actually im quite impressed with V12 amps ( though i never used one) it out lived Sony XPlod even with its big name and big time marketing.
Tapos these are the amp of choice as a stepping stone for most Car Audio fans.
On the other side any one remembers XmaX Subs?

my .02 :ymbilly:

sir yung 10 incher ko parehas ng ng 8 incher na hinahanap mo na motor
nikokski
Lurkin

Postby remlu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 pm

mga sir, kaya bang i power ng dc120.4 bridge ang ll 15'' 500w sub? busog kaya ang sub.. tia
remlu
Noob Fo Shoob

Postby nikokski on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:21 pm

for me i think hindi... saka 4 ohm lang lalabas yung sub kung naka bridge ka sa dc na 120.4

much better if you have 600rms - 900rms na mono amp na stable at 1 ohm kasi dual 2 yung ll na 500rms
nikokski
Lurkin

Postby remlu on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 pm

@nikokski, sir wala pa pambili ng mono amp.
pagtyagaan ko muna yong dc amp mapatunog lang hehe... pwede naman daw sabi ni jeff tan pero iba pa rin daw kung naka mono.

ano po recommended na box & tuning para sa LL15'' 500w? tia :smile:
remlu
Noob Fo Shoob

PreviousNext

Return to LOUD 'n Proud